* [Caml-list] installing caml-light
@ 2004-06-18 16:44 Marco Maggesi
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Marco Maggesi @ 2004-06-18 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi everybody,

I am trying to install Caml-light with no success (from
cl75unix.tar.gz).  I made two attempts on two different machines:

  1. On a Linux Gentoo box (you can find the complete trace of the
     compilation at http://math.unice.fr/~maggesi/cl75gentoo.log)

     Problem: The Caml-light core compiles correctly but I am not able
     to compile the contributions, in particular "unix".  The precise
     error is

       make[1]: Entering directory `/home/maggesi/cl/cl75/contrib/libunix'
       gcc -I../../src/runtime -O    -c -o accept.o accept.c
       In file included from /usr/include/sys/un.h:38,
                        from socketaddr.h:4,
                        from accept.c:8:
       /usr/include/string.h:278: error: syntax error before '(' token
       /usr/include/string.h:278: error: syntax error before "const"
       make[1]: *** [accept.o] Error 1

  2. On a Fedora (with Intel Xeon).

     The bootstrap do not reach the fixpoint:

       camlcomp compiler/camlcomp differ: byte 69072, line 288

The only reason I have to compile Caml-light is that I would like to
give a try to HOL-light, the prover of John Harrison.  How hard is to
translate a Caml-light program into an OCaml program?

Thanks for any help,

  -- M