From: Andy Yang <yyu08@yahoo.com>
To: art yerkes <ayerkes@speakeasy.net>
Cc: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] Toplevel crashes when trying to call external functions
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 11:58:02 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

Hi,

Since at this point, I am not concerning much about
codes' portability, so I just assume the program run
on x86 machines, on which 32 bits pointers are
allowed.I modified code as follows:

value zchaff_InitManager(void)
{
  CAMLparam0();
  CAMLlocal1(val);
  void* solver = SAT_InitManager();
  val = copy_int32((int)solver);
  cout<<"solver = "<<hex<<solver<<endl;
  CAMLreturn ( val );
}

void zchaff_ReadCnf(value mng, value filename)
{
  CAMLparam2(mng, filename);
  SAT_Manager solver = (void*)Int32_val(mng);
  cout<<"solver = "<<hex <<solver <<endl;
  assert(solver != NULL);
  char * fn = String_val(filename);
  cout<<"file = "<<fn <<endl;
  read_cnf(solver, fn);
  CAMLreturn0;
}

Thus I should follows ocaml's Tag rules. However, the
problem still exists. Tracing with gdb, I noticed that
the toplevel still crashes in function obj_tag.
However, I cannot find the obj_tag 's sourcecode in
Ocaml's source. There is only a mapping table in
ocaml_dir/byterun/prims.c, in which obj_tag is one of
the primitives.

Thanks a lot!

Andy