* [Caml-list] native code compilation of pcre
@ 2004-07-16 18:26 Mary Fernandez
From: Mary Fernandez @ 2004-07-16 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list, markus

I am getting an error from ocamlopt when linking a .cmxa file
that is created during compilation of the PCRE library.
(pcre lib v5.08)

Here's the message:

ocamlopt -verbose -a -o foo.cmxa pcre.cmxa
pcre.cmxa is not a compilation unit description.

A thread in 2002 addressed the same problem, but
there was no resolution posted:
http://caml.inria.fr/archives/200205/msg00291.html

I am able to link and use pcre.cmo/x just fine
but want to create a library in which the pcre_stubs
is linked statically into pcre.cmxa and then subsequent
links into other libraries do not require pcre_stubs.

Thanks!
Mary

Mary Fernandez <mff@research.att.com>
AT&T Labs - Research

* Re: [Caml-list] native code compilation of pcre
@ 2004-07-19 10:19 ` Markus Mottl
From: Markus Mottl @ 2004-07-19 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mary Fernandez; +Cc: caml-list, markus

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004, Mary Fernandez wrote:
> I am able to link and use pcre.cmo/x just fine
> but want to create a library in which the pcre_stubs
> is linked statically into pcre.cmxa and then subsequent
> links into other libraries do not require pcre_stubs.

You just need to compile PCRE that way (see INSTALL-file):

  make STATIC=y

This will create a library which has pcre_stubs linked statically into
the library.

Regards,
Markus

--