* [Caml-list] LLVM and O'Caml
@ 2004-07-27  6:15 l
From: l @ 2004-07-27  6:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello!

I heard that Patrick Meredith is going to be working on a
CAML front end to LLVM (http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu).

It is interesting to me, in what state there is a
development at present?

WBR, Evgeny.

* Re: [Caml-list] LLVM and O'Caml
@ 2004-07-27 10:05 ` l
From: l @ 2004-07-27 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 10:15:38 +0400
  l@toril.ru wrote:

What does O'Caml developers think about ocamlllvm compiler
in core distributive? Could you accept such patch?

WBR, Evgeny.

* Re: [Caml-list] LLVM and O'Caml
@ 2004-07-28  5:00 ` Jeffrey J. Cook
From: Jeffrey J. Cook @ 2004-07-28  5:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: l; +Cc: caml-list

Your best bet is to contact Patrick at pmeredit at uiuc.edu to find
out his status; if he doesn't respond, then forward your question to
Chris Lattner at sabre at nondot.org.

> I heard that Patrick Meredith is going to be working on a
> CAML front end to LLVM (http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu).
>
> It is interesting to me, in what state there is a
> development at present?

The CAML front-end to the LLVM compiler is just that, a front-end.
I wouldn't foresee any migration of code from llvm into the OCaml
core distribution.

> What does O'Caml developers think about ocamlllvm compiler
> in core distributive? Could you accept such patch?

Even if the front-end has progressed, I imagine the lack of a garbage
collector might be annoying....

I'm not at all involved with the LLVM compiler, so all my comments may
be wrong. :)

--
Jeffrey J. Cook
Graduate Student, Electrical Engineering