* [Caml-list] stream parser problem/question
@ 2004-08-10  9:52 Michael
       [not found] ` <200408110022.46427.micha-1@fantasymail.de>
From: Michael @ 2004-08-10  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml

Hi,

I'm using ocamllex/yacc to translate a little language into a parse-tree, then
processing the tree and putting the output into a queue. Then I iterate over
the queue, generating a new one and so on until finished.
My question is, instead of outputing the processed parse-tree into a queue, is
ist better/more elegant to generate a stream and then using a stream parser
to process that stream and eventual generating a new stream,... until
finished?
Are stream parsers useful for my purpose? Are there penalties using them?

Another slight issue is, that I don't see how to generate a token stream (with
Stream.from) of my parse tree (because of the tree-stucture, I get confused
how to get the right next token); maybe someone can give me a hint?

cheers,
 Michael