On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 06:08:20PM +1000, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote: > I'm really comparing the situation with Python. If I write some > Python code, I KNOW that there are about 100 modules (including > some pretty esoteric stuff see http://docs.python.org/modindex.html) > that are GUARANTEED to be available at any destination which has > Python included. > > The guaranteed availablity of huge variety of modules is something > I really miss in O'Caml, and thats on top of the fact that even > the standard modules have missing components like I pointed out > in the my earlier email in this thread. Point taken. That's why whenever I install OCaml or instruct someone else how to install OCaml, I always get them to install ocaml + extlib + pcre. It's a good "standard base" for development. Rich. -- Richard Jones. http://www.annexia.org/ http://www.j-london.com/ Merjis Ltd. http://www.merjis.com/ - improving website return on investment 'There is a joke about American engineers and French engineers. The American team brings a prototype to the French team. The French team's response is: "Well, it works fine in practice; but how will it hold up in theory?"'