On Sun, Sep 05, 2004 at 11:00:04AM +0300, Janne Hellsten wrote: > I wonder what happens if I call [Unix.chdir foo] from two different > threads, with two different directories? I think this is going to depend on how threads are implemented, and as I understand it, that varies depending on what platform, and which compiler you are using. I've attached a small program that will help determine this. As far as I can tell, on Linux, there seems to only be one current directory shared between all of the threads. This is the same for native and byte-code. Dave