* [Caml-list] caml_callback_exn problem
@ 2004-09-14 22:31 James Tranovich
From: James Tranovich @ 2004-09-14 22:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello all,

I have a question regarding interfacing ocaml to C.

I've pretty much gotten ocaml callbacks working with C, which is very
cool and all, but I have a small problem. I can't get caml_callback_exn
to work at all. To be specific, if I try to link a program, I get the
following result:

/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.3.4/../../../../i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld:
warning: type and size of dynamic symbol `caml_callback_exn' are not
defined

If I try to run the resulting executable, I get an "Illegal instruction"
message (SIGILL). Needless to say, the "normal" caml_callback calls work
fine. I'm using ocaml 3.08.1, just took a quick look at the sources.
Looked at asmrun/i386.S but can't seem to find anything out of the
ordinary. Am I not linking in a file I need?

What am I doing wrong here?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks,

James

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-09-15  2:23 UTC | newest]