* [Caml-list] New release of advi
@ 2004-10-02 22:12 Pierre Weis
From: Pierre Weis @ 2004-10-02 22:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-announce

                       Active-DVI

Active-DVI is a presenter and previewer for texts or slides written in LaTeX,
hence the presentation tool of choice for the discriminating hacker.

Version 1.6.0 is now available. As the release number shows, this is a
major improvement w.r.t version 1.4.0 of Active-DVI.

This new version has been developed by Jun Furuse, Didier Rémy and
Pierre Weis with also contributions by Roberto Di Cosmo.

In addition to the regular features of the Active-DVI previewer:

   * Encapsulated Postscript File inclusion
     (using the graphics LaTeX package)

   * Some effects for presentation (pause, delay, text color change)

   * Embedded applications

this release introduces a lot of new features

   * Improved API for embedded applications.

   * Support for X colors via an additional xwindows-colors.sty LaTeX package.

   * Thumbnails to see the entire presentation at a glance (press T to
     build the thumbnails, then t to toggle from thumbnails to your
     presentation).

   * Hyper references can now be made invisible.

   * Enhanced background possibilities.

   * A laser pointer.

   * Support for ``scripting'' from within the LaTeX source file via
     key bindings events generation.

   * Programmable save-slide feature.

   * An additional advi-slides.sty package facilitates easy
     presentations and is specially devoted to the impatient and/or
     the beginner. (Comments on this new package are warmly welcome.)

   * Additional examples, including simple ones for the slitex LaTeX package.

   * An improved manual.

Play advi on the demonstration presentation demo.dvi that is in the test
directory of the distribution. Look at source code of the various talks in
the directory ``examples''.

The source code and more information are available at

    http://pauillac.inria.fr/activedvi/

Once again, contributions and comments are warmly welcome.

Bug reports to advi-bugs@pauillac.inria.fr

--
For the Active-DVI development team, 12nd Aug 2004

Pierre Weis (Pierre.Weis@inria.fr)

* [Caml-list] New release of WhizzyTeX
@ 2004-10-04  9:06 ` Didier Remy
From: Didier Remy @ 2004-10-04  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pierre Weis; +Cc: caml-announce

It is my pleasure to announce a new release of WhizzyTeX.

WhizzyTeX is an Emacs minor mode for incrementally viewing LaTeX documents
that you are editing. It works under Unix with gv and xdvi viewers, but the
Active-DVI viewer (see http://pauillac.inria.fr/activedvi/) will provide
much better visual effects and will offer more functionalities.

Version 1.2.0 is now available.

The source code, documentation, and information are available at

        http://pauillac.inria.fr/whizzytex/

Bug reports to whizzytex-bugs@pauillac.inria.fr

This release is compatible (and required) with the freshly released version
1.6.0 of Active DVI.  Conversely, version 1.6.0 of Active-DVI is required
for this release to benefit from some of the new WhizzyTeX features.  This
release also contains several bug fixes and improvements since version 1.1.
Significant and user-visible changes are:

 - Better support for debugging.

 - Duplex views: both the slice and the full document can now be viewed in
   the same Active DVI window. Switching between views can be done
   explicitly by typing 'w' or implicitly when clicking on cross-references
   that are outside of the current slice.

 - Support for whizzy-edition, which is especially usefull to seize
   scaling factors or dimensions by mouse.

For more details see the web site.

Enjoy,

        Didier Rémy

PS:

To keep informed of upgrades, check the WhizzyTeX WEB page occasionally, or
just watch the content of the file http://pauillac.inria.fr/whizzytex/VERSION.

----------------
WhizzyTeX does not uses Ocaml, but it calls Active-DVI, which uses Ocaml :-)

                                      Ocaml inside
                                          \/
               Emacs --> WhizzyTeX --> Active-DVI

* [Caml-list] New release of advi