From: Vincenzo Ciancia <vincenzo_mlRE.MOVE@yahoo.it>
To: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] Announce: alpha testing of ocamlfuse
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 19:30:45 +0100	[thread overview]

On Saturday 13 November 2004 17:36, Matt Gushee wrote:
> I'm interested in this. First of all, what was wrong with the
> existing mlfuse library? (I'm not saying there's nothing wrong with
> it, I just don't know--hadn't tried it yet).

It's not up-to-date (fuse is going towards its 2.1 release, while the
existing mlfuse is for fuse 0.9), and it was not designed with
multithreading in mind. If the latter was not true, I would not have
rewritten it, however by now I must record a failure, since I did this
all to get multithreading working and had no success :/ I am going to
try to spot the problem this weekend - it's related to a previous
recent post of mine on this list.

Apart from this, a question to the list: to implement the read and write
operations I am constrained to string copying. Is there a way to share
a string with C in ocaml or should I roll my own "cstring" type and use
that, copying from/to strings using memcpy when necessary?

Bye

Vincenzo

then they fight you, then you win.
[Gandhi]