On Sun, Nov 21, 2004 at 01:31:34PM -0500, Ritesh Kumar wrote: > Well, I just know that currently no bytecoded language (Java/.NET/OcaML > bytecode) could give me the 7 to 8 times performance boost in run time > taken by some of the network topology analysis tools I made for my > research work. [...] You are right > about the fact that dynamic run-time optimizations might be interesting > from a performance perspective esp. looking at a functional value > oriented language like ML. However, it is still a "research" problem > and has research interest. I'd like to say in addition, the HP Dynamo project, where a lot of this hope for dynamic recompilation came from, recompiled native executables. Rich. -- Richard Jones. http://www.annexia.org/ http://www.j-london.com/ >>> http://www.team-notepad.com/ - collaboration tools for teams <<< Merjis Ltd. http://www.merjis.com/ - improving website return on investment http://subjectlink.com/ - Lesson plans and source material for teachers