* Anyone tried to compile Ocaml on .NET?
@ 2004-12-28  6:13 SooHyoung Oh
From: SooHyoung Oh @ 2004-12-28  6:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Is there anyone who has ever tried to compile ocaml on .NET environment?

I can find lots of infomation from the ocaml-mailing list:

Mono project: http://www.mono-project.com/about/index.html
F#: http://research.microsoft.com/projects/ilx/fsharp.aspx
sml.net: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/TSG/SMLNET/
Nemerle: http://nemerle.org/
John Goerzen's message: http://caml.inria.fr/archives/200408/msg00424.html

After some test on F#, my feeling is that it's not so good as Ocaml.
So I'm looking for Ocaml implementation on .NET environment.
(Interoperability is not my concern.)

There is a message that because the type system of Ocaml is so complex
that it's not easy to make Ocaml.net. But I think it's not so difficult
to compile Ocaml on .NET, is it?