From: Jacques GARRIGUE <garrigue@kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp>
To: rich@furbychan.annexia.org
Cc: garrigue@math.nagoya-u.ac.jp, caml-list@yquem.inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] Wishes for an easy install of Ocaml
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2005 21:16:52 +0900 (JST)	[thread overview]

From: Richard Jones <rich@furbychan.annexia.org>

> > Having never tried Tuareg (mostly out of inertia, since I'm satisfied
> > with the core mode), could you be more precise about what is better in
> > Tuareg.

> I don't know about the exact details, but I notice the difference when
> I have to use a machine which doesn't have tuareg-mode installed.  So
> much so that I just install tuareg before going any further.
> Integration with font-lock-mode seems better.

This is a rather funny comment.
I just realized recently that the choice of colors with the core caml
mode is not optimal with Xemacs: for some reason most of the used
faces appear to be colorless. I didn't realize it before, because I'm
always using GNU emacs, for which colorization works perfectly.

But honestly, you're not going to say this is the main advantage.
Colors can be configured so freely that you could correct this
instantly: just replace the (not (boundp 'font-lock-type-face)) in
caml-font.el by t.

Or is there a more serious problem?

> Since tuareg-mode is actually developed at INRIA, it would seem fairly
> logical to integrate it into OCaml.

This is not the same team, so there is no direct relation.

Regards,

Jacques Garrigue