* N-tiered web application in OCAML
@ 2005-04-24 20:20 David Wake
From: David Wake @ 2005-04-24 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi there,

I am thinking of writing a N-tiered web application in OCAML.  Is
anyone aware of any OCAML packages that could help in such a project?
I am particularly interested in:

- application server software
- source code examples of web applications in OCAML

Thank you,

David

* Re: [Caml-list] N-tiered web application in OCAML
@ 2005-04-24 23:00 ` Richard Jones
From: Richard Jones @ 2005-04-24 23:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Wake; +Cc: caml-list

On Sun, Apr 24, 2005 at 01:20:56PM -0700, David Wake wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am thinking of writing a N-tiered web application in OCAML.  Is
> anyone aware of any OCAML packages that could help in such a project?
> I am particularly interested in:
>
> - application server software
> - source code examples of web applications in OCAML

The usual suspects:

ocamlnet http://ocamlnet.sourceforge.net/
Xcaml http://www.asxcaml.org/
mod_caml http://merjis.com/developers/mod_caml/

(and there are apparently others - witness a recent lengthy thread on
this list).

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.

* Re: [Caml-list] N-tiered web application in OCAML
@ 2005-04-26  8:48 ` Alex Baretta
From: Alex Baretta @ 2005-04-26  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Wake; +Cc: Ocaml

David Wake wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am thinking of writing a N-tiered web application in OCAML.  Is
> anyone aware of any OCAML packages that could help in such a project?
> I am particularly interested in:
>
> - application server software
> - source code examples of web applications in OCAML

The AS/Xcaml is a full featured application server written in Ocaml,
with it's own web-page programming language based on Ocaml. It has a
very strong integration with large scale relational databases through
the XDBS (Xcaml DataBase Schema). Although it is already used in
production systems, it is currently available to the community only via
darcs-http repositories. It is released under the terms of the GNU GPL.
Let me know if you need to have access to the repos.

Alex

http://www.barettadeit.com/
Baretta DE&IT
A division of Baretta SRL