* Monads-Module for the Standard-OCaml-Distribution?!
@ 2005-05-11 10:08 Oliver Bandel
From: Oliver Bandel @ 2005-05-11 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

monads are a natural part of the Haskell language.
As far as I know, in Ocaml it's possible to write
own Monads-Libraries and relatively easy. But
it is not part of the OCaml-distribution to have
such a library.

Why not adding a Monads-library to the standard distribution
of Ocaml? Wouldn't this a thing that the Ocaml-Core-developpers
and the INRIA would think of that it is a good thing?!

IMHO this would be nice for Haskell-used people (so to easier
switch to Ocaml) as well as it would be nice for Ocaml-users
to dive into this kind of functional I/O.

Regards,
    Oliver Bandel