On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 10:26:31PM +0300, Sami Liedes wrote: > After having ocamlrun segfault on my program (only when running with > OCAMLRUNPARAM=b, without b it reports an uncaught Not_found exception) > I compiled the debugging version of it, and this is what I get: > > file freelist.c; line 123 ### Assertion failed: wo_sz >= 1 Hi again, I think I have narrowed down at least part of the problem now. It is related to a file descriptor leak in the code; why this would cause the above-mentioned assertion failure, I don't know, but I'd guess it's not handled somewhere (symbol loading?). Or perhaps that assertion failure is unrelated to the crash that happens when running the non-debug version of ocamlrun with OCAMLRUNPARAM=b. Somehow it seems that ocamlrund gets the assertion failure _much_ quicker than the non-debug version segfaults. Apparently this also causes the confusing claim by the runtime that in the event of an unhandled exception a backtrace cannot be produced because the program was compiled without debug symbols. Sami