* Technical Presentation Software written in OCaml
@ 2005-06-24  4:11 Jon Harrop
From: Jon Harrop @ 2005-06-24  4:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

For anyone who is interested in commercial exploits using OCaml, we are
releasing our first stand-alone sofware package, Presenta.

Presenta is an OpenGL-based slideshow presentation program with support for
animated points, typeset mathematics, 2D and 3D graphics:

  http://www.ffconsultancy.com/products/presenta/

The whole program is just under 10,000 LOC, entirely OCaml. The core of the
program is a general purpose 2D vector graphics library (Smoke) which we've
been developing for the past six years and which was translated from C++ into
OCaml 2 years ago, with great success.

We currently support only x86 and AMD64 Linux but we are also considering
supporting Mac OS X as well.

Let me know what you think! :-)

Objective CAML for Scientists

* Re: [Caml-list] Technical Presentation Software written in OCaml
@ 2005-06-24 16:15 ` Jonathan_T_Bryant
From: Jonathan_T_Bryant @ 2005-06-24 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I'm helping on another commercial project with OCaml: a search engine.
I'll keep everybody posted as we get some data and open up the front
end.

--Jonathan

@ 2005-06-25 15:45 ` Gerd Stolpmann
From: Gerd Stolpmann @ 2005-06-25 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jon Harrop; +Cc: caml-list

Am Freitag, den 24.06.2005, 05:11 +0100 schrieb Jon Harrop:
> For anyone who is interested in commercial exploits using OCaml, we are
> releasing our first stand-alone sofware package, Presenta.

Looks very cool! Btw, you don't need nVidia drivers, the free DRI-based
ones work very well (e.g. on my Intel i850 laptop).

I have now also a commercial product written in O'Caml: UMLMON, a
monitor for User Mode Linux. As I am mainly targeting the German market,
there is currently only documentation in German:
http://www.gerd-stolpmann.de/umlmon. An international version may follow
if there is enough interest.

UMLMON is a classic multiplexing daemon that starts and stops User Mode
Linux instances, manages a communications path with them, and does a
number of other nice things. Thanks O'Caml it has been developed within
six weeks, and is now practically bug-free. Show me another system
software developed that quickly.

Gerd
Gerd Stolpmann * Viktoriastr. 45 * 64293 Darmstadt * Germany
gerd@gerd-stolpmann.de          http://www.gerd-stolpmann.de