From: Pietro Abate <Pietro.Abate@anu.edu.au>
To: ocaml ml <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: ocamlfind syntax problem
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 14:01:50 +1100	[thread overview]

Hi all,

I'm trying to learn how to use ocamlfind with camlp4 syntax files.

The problem is that my syntax file uses extlib and I get an undefined
reference to ExtLib when I try to compile everything with ocamlfind.

Since now I've compiled it following these steps:

1) I generate the ocaml code from my example using my syntax (with str
and extlib)
# camlp4o $STDLIB/str.cma $DESTDIR/extlib/extLib.cma syntaxfile.cma pr_o.cmo myex.ml > myex-pp.ml
2) I compile the result using other packages and ocamlfind.
# ocamlfind ocamlc -package mypackages myex-pp.ml

now I'm trying to skip the intermediate step. Therefore I've created
my meta file that looks like this:

version = "0.1"
description = "syn file"
requires = "camlp4 extlib"
archive(syntax,preprocessor) = "syntaxfile.cma"

and I'm trying to link everything together with:
#ocamlfind ocamlc -package mypackages,syntaxfile -syntax syntaxfile myex.ml

but it complains that syntaxfile.cma has a Reference to undefined global `ExtLib'.

adding extlib to mypackages doesn't help...
how can I pass $STDLIB/str.cma $DESTDIR/extlib/extLib.cma to the preprocessor
via ocamlfind ?

:)

ps: my compilation infrastructure is more complex, but I think the
problem boils down to what I've described above.

--
++ Blog: http://blog.rsise.anu.edu.au/?q=pietro
++