* Ant:  Re: [Caml-list] Get a page from the Web
       [not found] <436FC866.4090709@1969web.com>
@ 2005-11-07 21:47 ` Martin Chabr
From: Martin Chabr @ 2005-11-07 21:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karl Zilles; +Cc: caml-list

That was fast! Thank you, Karl, I will have a look.

Martin

--- Karl Zilles <zilles@1969web.com> schrieb:

> Martin Chabr wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have been looking for ways to get a page in HTML
> > from the Web, using an OCaml program, something
> like
> > the following Python snippet:
> >
> > import urllib
> > URL = "http://www.ibm.com"
> > url = urllib.urlopen(URL)
> > html = url.read()
> >
> > You supply the URL and receive the page in HTML.
> Is
> > there anything simple like that in OCaml?
>
> I use the Ocaml binding to the curl library.  It has
> worked well for me
> and it can handle high level details like
> maintaining cookies across
> calls (for session continuity and logins):
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/ocurl/

* Re: Ant:  Re: [Caml-list] Get a page from the Web
@ 2005-11-07 22:09   ` Eric Cooper
From: Eric Cooper @ 2005-11-07 22:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 10:47:02PM +0100, Martin Chabr wrote:
> --- Karl Zilles <zilles@1969web.com> schrieb:
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/ocurl/

Here are two other ways: the ocamlnet package has an HTTP client,
or you can use Unix.open_process_in with "curl" or "wget".

* Ant:  Re: [Caml-list] Get a page from the Web
@ 2005-11-09 18:13 ` Martin Chabr
From: Martin Chabr @ 2005-11-09 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Jones; +Cc: caml-list

Many thanks to all of you for the information!

Martin