* hints for internationalization
@ 2006-01-23 21:11 Basile STARYNKEVITCH
From: Basile STARYNKEVITCH @ 2006-01-23 21:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Dear All (& specially Pierre Weis, because he is the designer of Printf)

Do you have practical hints regarding the l18n or i18n of an application
(specifically, an application to be runnable either in french or in
english)?

Any practical hints are welcome. In particular, it seems to me that the
novel features of the Printf module could help in particular the format string
substitution eg printf "%(%d %s)" (I don't know what should come next) ....

In other words, I'm seeking advices and examples of how to use advanced
Printf (& Scanf) features to code a bi-lingual application.

Maybe a Printf mini-HOWTO might be helpful?

What about gettext (or other equivalent?)

regards

email: basile<at>starynkevitch<dot>net

* Re: [Caml-list] hints for internationalization
@ 2006-01-23 21:57 ` Sylvain Le Gall
From: Sylvain Le Gall @ 2006-01-23 21:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Basile STARYNKEVITCH; +Cc: caml-list

Hello,

On Mon, Jan 23, 2006 at 10:11:13PM +0100, Basile STARYNKEVITCH wrote:

> Dear All (& specially Pierre Weis, because he is the designer of Printf)
>
> Do you have practical hints regarding the l18n or i18n of an application
> (specifically, an application to be runnable either in french or in
> english)?
>
> Any practical hints are welcome. In particular, it seems to me that the
> novel features of the Printf module could help in particular the format string
> substitution eg printf "%(%d %s)" (I don't know what should come next) ....
>
> In other words, I'm seeking advices and examples of how to use advanced
> Printf (& Scanf) features to code a bi-lingual application.
>
> Maybe a Printf mini-HOWTO might be helpful?
>
> What about gettext (or other equivalent?)
>
> regards

There is ocaml-gettext, if you need a gettext library.

http://le-gall.net/sylvain/ocaml-gettext.html

Regards
Sylvain Le Gall