* Lablgtkmathview installation : findlib problem ?
@ 2006-04-22 20:43 Nicolas FRANCOIS
From: Nicolas FRANCOIS @ 2006-04-22 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lablgtk

I'd like to install lablgtkmathview, a wrapper for the widget
gtkmathview. Problem is : it needs gmetadom, qhich works with findlib. I
have some difficulties to work out how findlib works.

I tried to install lablgtk2 with the option
--withdir=/usr/lib/ocaml/site-lib/, but now I can't compile
lablgtkmathview. Anyway I try it, I can't mix packages using findlib and
packages not using it.

How do you fix those problems yourself ?

Thanks for any help.

\bye

--

                   Nicolas FRANCOIS
            http://nicolas.francois.free.fr

* Re: [Caml-list] Lablgtkmathview installation : findlib problem ?
@ 2006-04-25  0:45 ` Nicolas FRANCOIS
From: Nicolas FRANCOIS @ 2006-04-25  0:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Le Sat, 22 Apr 2006 22:43:12 +0200 Nicolas FRANCOIS
<nicolas.francois@free.fr> a écrit :

> I'd like to install lablgtkmathview, a wrapper for the widget
> gtkmathview. Problem is : it needs gmetadom, qhich works with findlib. I
> have some difficulties to work out how findlib works.
>
> I tried to install lablgtk2 with the option
> --withdir=/usr/lib/ocaml/site-lib/, but now I can't compile
> lablgtkmathview. Anyway I try it, I can't mix packages using findlib and
> packages not using it.
>
> How do you fix those problems yourself ?

I finally fixed the problem on my own. I had to do several odd things,
not described in the installation doccumentation :-(

1- for lablgtk2 : create a /usr/lib/ocaml/site-lib/lablgtk2 directory,
and put the META file provided inside.
2- for gmetadom2 : add to the META file provided directory="+gdome2" for
it to be correctly used by lablgtkmathview
3- the oddest thing : the mlvalues.h file was to be searched by the
configure script of lablgtkmathview in /usr/include/caml, so I had to
create a symlink from /usr/include/caml to /usr/lib/ocaml/caml.

Maybe I didn't read the right manuals, but isn't it a bit strange ? My
Ocaml installation was correct, I thought !

\bye