* Syntax for partial copy of struct member
@ 2006-06-11  4:35 Erik de Castro Lopo
From: Erik de Castro Lopo @ 2006-06-11  4:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi all,

There's something in Ocaml that allows me to have a struct
defined as:

    type struct_t = { a : int ; b : int ; c : int }

and an instance of that say:

    let x = { a = 1 ; b = 2 ; c = 3 }

and then have:

    let y = { a = 2 ; (* b and c filled in from x *) }

but I can't for the life of me remember the syntax. Anyone care
to give me a gentle tap with the clue bat?

Thanks,
Erik
  Erik de Castro Lopo
"Death is perhaps too easy" -- Iqbal Sacranie in 1989 about
Salman Rushdie, author of "The Satanic Verses". Sacranie
received a knighthood in 2005 as the face of 'moderate'
British Islam. He has never disowned his earlier statement.

* Re: Syntax for partial copy of struct member
@ 2006-06-11  4:46 ` Erik de Castro Lopo
From: Erik de Castro Lopo @ 2006-06-11  4:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:

>     let y = { a = 2 ; (* b and c filled in from x *) }
>
> but I can't for the life of me remember the syntax.

And as soon as I post to the list, I suddenly remember:

     let y = { x with a = 2 }

Sorry for distrubing everyones weekend.

Erik
  Erik de Castro Lopo
"There is only a small difference between a strong atheist and
a Christian: they agree on a very long list of gods that don't
exist, and disagree about only one of them."