* Wrapping new widgets in lablgtk
@ 2006-06-15 20:16 Yaron Minsky
From: Yaron Minsky @ 2006-06-15 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

I was wondering if anyone could give me a sense of how one would go
about wrapping a GTK+ widget that is not already wrapped by lablgtk.
I understand that part of the lablgtk wrappers are generated
automatically, but I have no sense of how much manual
tweaking/expertise is required.  The library we're thinking of
wrapping up is GtkSheet from Gtk+Extra.

* Re: [Caml-list] Wrapping new widgets in lablgtk
@ 2006-06-16  2:52 ` Jacques Garrigue
From: Jacques Garrigue @ 2006-06-16  2:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yminsky; +Cc: caml-list

From: "Yaron Minsky" <yminsky@cs.cornell.edu>

> I was wondering if anyone could give me a sense of how one would go
> about wrapping a GTK+ widget that is not already wrapped by lablgtk.
> I understand that part of the lablgtk wrappers are generated
> automatically, but I have no sense of how much manual
> tweaking/expertise is required.  The library we're thinking of
> wrapping up is GtkSheet from Gtk+Extra.

The automated part only concerns enumerations (varcc) and properties
(propcc). But it seems that GtkSheet doesn't use properties, so you
don't need propcc.

You should look at how things are wrapped inside lablgtk2.
A good example not using propcc is GnomeDruid. It uses 5 files:
gnomeui_tags.var (enumerations), ml_gnomedruid.c (C wrappers),
gnomeDruid.ml (ML low level interface), gnoDruid.mli,
gnoDruid.ml (class interface).

Jacques Garrigue