From: Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@bononia.it>
To: list caml-list <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: Re: On language extensions (was Re: [Caml-list] global record)
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 22:22:55 +0200	[thread overview]

On Wed, Jul 19, 2006 at 08:57:44PM +0100, Richard Jones wrote:
> I'm probably wrong, but I think the only way to compose two camlp4
> extensions is to combine the source code to both together and compile
> a new extension.  Is there some other way?

Camlp4 extensions are regular .cmo/.cma files which, upon loading,
dynamically extends a grammar. You can "compose" multiple extensions by
passing all of them to your preferred camlp4 pre-processor.

Merely loading multiple extensions of course does not grant you obtain a
grammar able to parse anything at all ...

Cheers.