* Application wiich massively use exceptions
@ 2006-10-25 13:59 Frédéric Gava
From: Frédéric Gava @ 2006-10-25 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Dear Caml-list,

With my research teams, we are working on parallel exceptions in parallel
programs.

To have pratical examples, we are looking for an application which massively
use exceptions, i.e. use exceptions (many different ones if possible) to
propagate results/errors in an algorithm.

Would somebody have an idea of such an algorithm or such an application ?
Many thanks !

Best,
Frédéric Gava

* Re: [Caml-list] Application wiich massively use exceptions
@ 2006-10-25 16:09 ` Till Varoquaux
From: Till Varoquaux @ 2006-10-25 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frédéric Gava; +Cc: caml-list

First  things that comes to my mind is a prolog interpretor:
backtracking can be done via exceptions.

Cheers,

Till

@ 2006-10-25 21:50 ` Jon Harrop
From: Jon Harrop @ 2006-10-25 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On Wednesday 25 October 2006 14:59, Frédéric Gava wrote:
> With my research teams, we are working on parallel exceptions in parallel
> programs.
>
> To have pratical examples, we are looking for an application which
> massively use exceptions, i.e. use exceptions (many different ones if
> possible) to propagate results/errors in an algorithm.
>
> Would somebody have an idea of such an algorithm or such an application ?
> Many thanks !

IIRC, you did the parallel Set implementation. You could dust that off and
reuse it, implementing insertion of an already-present element into a set
using an exception and applying it to the "n"th-nearest neighbours example
from my book again.

Objective CAML for Scientists