From: Maxence Guesdon <maxence.guesdon@inria.fr>
To: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] cameleon2
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 11:34:06 +0200	[thread overview]

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 11:14:06 +0200
Christophe Raffalli <christophe.raffalli@univ-savoie.fr> wrote:

> > Yes indeed. There's a FAQ about this:
> > http://home.gna.org/cameleon/faq.en.html#noocamlsyntaxhighlight
> >
> > I'll add some code to make chamo use an additional directory for
> > languages specs files (used by gtksourceview) when the ocaml mode is
> > not available.
> >

> Why not having the make install of either cameleon either
> lablgtksourceview copy ocaml.lang in the general directory (if it is not
> already there) ? Moreover, the distrib of lablgtksourceview has
> ocaml.lang in it.

On debian/unstable, ocaml.lang is now included in the gtksourceview-common
package. I'm not sure that walking on another package's feet is the right
way to do. But may be testing if the file exists and copy it if it does not
could be ok, indeed.

> Just another question: Where to find a readable description on
> the customization of Highlighting. I have seen a screen shot mixing
> two distincts fonts in gedit ... but was unable to discover how you do
> that. I found hat the .lang file defines the regexp needed for
> highlighting, but I did not find where to choose the color and fonts ...
> all this seems bably documented

It's the application's responsability to associate fonts and colors to
syntax elements. By now, Chamo can only make the user choose one font for
all text of a gtksourceview.
What should be done to have different fonts for different syntax elements
is to improve the gtksv_utils module included in cameleon2, which allows to
use gtksourceviews in various (ocaml) applications and share the same
fonts and colors associations to syntax elements.

For example, topcameleon (a graphical toplevel included in cameleon2) and
chamo share the same colors and fonts for the ocaml syntax mode.

By now, the associations between style and syntax elements for each mode
are stored in your /.mlgtksourceview directory, one xml file per language.

I add to the todo list the ability to have  a different font associated to
each syntax element.

Regards,

Maxence

PS: The file/preferences menu of chamo allows you to configure the styles.

--
Maxence Guesdon
http://yquem.inria.fr/~guesdon/