* caml/bigarray.h vs. caml/compatibility.h
@ 2007-04-02  8:11 Christian Sternagel
From: Christian Sternagel @ 2007-04-02  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Since a few days I'm using ocaml3.10 as standard ocaml environment. Until now everything worked fine. Then I tried to recompile a stub file for an ocmal-interfaced C-library and ended up with the error message "'bigarray.h' not found". After browsing the directory <ocamllibpath>/caml/ i realised, that the compiler was correct :), there was realy no bigarray.h. Instead there is a file named compatibility.h where some preprocessor commands are included which seemed to correspond to the former bigarray.h. After creating a new file bigarray.h with the sole content:

 #include <caml/compatibility.h>

everything worked fine, until there was another error message for a different ocaml-interfaced C-library, namely: "'camlidlruntime.h' not found". Here I had to create the file camlidlruntime.h with the content:

#include <<oldocamllibpath>/caml/camlidlruntime.h>

in order to be able to compile. Now this solution does not seem very nice to me. Is there a general advice how to change settings as the one above from ocaml < 3.10 to ocaml 3.10?

cheers

christian

only message in thread, other threads:[~2007-04-02  8:11 UTC | newest]