* Inlining and code placement
@ 2007-05-03 20:29 mmottl
From: mmottl @ 2007-05-03 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OCaml

Hi all,

concerning my email about inlining from a few days ago: it seems that
the majority of differences is not so much due to the inlining level but
due to code placement.  This means that playing with the inlining level
beyond some reasonable, small value is likely to not have any strong
impact on the performance of the program.

Markus

* Re: [Caml-list] Inlining and code placement
@ 2007-05-03 20:31 ` Markus Mottl
From: Markus Mottl @ 2007-05-03 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OCaml

On 5/3/07, mmottl@janestcapital.com <mmottl@janestcapital.com> wrote:
> concerning my email about inlining from a few days ago: it seems that
> the majority of differences is not so much due to the inlining level but
> due to code placement.  This means that playing with the inlining level
> beyond some reasonable, small value is likely to not have any strong
> impact on the performance of the program.

(Sorry, this went to the wrong alias, it wasn't intended for the OCaml
mailining list - but isn't that much off topic either ;).

Markus

--
Markus Mottl        http://www.ocaml.info        markus.mottl@gmail.com

* Re: [Caml-list] Inlining and code placement
@ 2007-05-03 20:37   ` Joel Reymont
From: Joel Reymont @ 2007-05-03 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Markus Mottl; +Cc: OCaml

Markus,