* Ocaml .cmo fileformat before linking
@ 2007-05-05 23:15 Christoph Sieghart
From: Christoph Sieghart @ 2007-05-05 23:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello list,

I am writing an Ocaml interpreter for an embedded plattform (AVR) and now I
am searching for any material concerning the structure of the .cmo files before
linking happens. I compile my Ocaml files with

 ocaml -c myfile.ml

an then extract the bytecode from there. I found documenation on the bytecode
(I already have an interpreter running on my plattform - no gc, no floating point
, no closures, no enviroment access) but not on the data that follows it in the .cmo file.

The plan is to use the not linked .cmo files to extract the bytecode and the
data from and to supply a minimal library in the interpreter, because I am operating
under tight memory constraints.

I would be glad for any pointers, best regards
Christoph

only message in thread, other threads:[~2007-05-05 21:15 UTC | newest]