* Other compilers
@ 2007-05-26 20:25 Jon Harrop
From: Jon Harrop @ 2007-05-26 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OCaml List

I'd like to be able to do two different things:

1. Write web applications in OCaml via a browser plug-in (like Java or WPF).

2. Write cross-platform GUI applications in OCaml via the JVM or the CLR.

What is the easiest way to achieve this?

My objective is to compete commercially with Java and C# programmers by
writing applications.

For example, I'd like to take our Mathematica notebook:

  http://www.ffconsultancy.com/products/CWT/

translate the Mathematica into OCaml, implement a GUI and compile the OCaml to
JVM or .NET to get an application, or something I could host to implement the
same functionality in the browser.

Are there any OCaml tools to help me do this?

A retargetted compiler (like OCamIL) or OCaml bytecode interpreter written in
Java/C# is fine provided it allows me to call library functions from
Java/.NET. For example, I'd like to be able to use Swing or Windows Forms.

OCaml for Scientists
http://www.ffconsultancy.com/products/ocaml_for_scientists/

only message in thread, other threads:[~2007-05-26 20:31 UTC | newest]