From: Erik de Castro Lopo <mle+ocaml@mega-nerd.com>
To: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] jocaml vs camlp3l
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 07:02:20 +1000	[thread overview]

Joel Reymont wrote:

> I'm gonna go bonkers soon. Suppose I know and quite like Erlang but
> dislike its syntax and performance on non-IO things. I'm also quite
> fond of OCaml.

I'm very keen on Ocaml and started learning Erlang for the concurrency.
However, Erlang's syntax, dynamic typing and "everything runs in the
erl shell" thing started to annoy me.

So JoCaml is currently looking *really* good.

> Should I go with JoCaml? Camlp3l? Why?

I think we let Jon Harrop and others (maybe even me) thrash this out
on a number of examples and then enjoy the benefits:-).

Erik