* runtime woes -- cannot find dllunix.so
@ 2007-06-21 14:10 Andrew Warshaver
From: Andrew Warshaver @ 2007-06-21 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lista OCaml

Hi all,

I have recently installed ocaml 3.10, but the executables are not all
working.  Some work (ocaml, ocamldep) but most don't (ocamlbuild,
ocamlbrowser, ocamldoc).  What happens when I try to run these is:

[awarshaver@nyc-qws-029 bin]$ ocamlbuild
Fatal error: cannot load shared library dllunix
Reason: dllunix.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

I have done make world, make opt, and make install, after setting my
config/Makefile to point into my home directory.  This file defenitely
exists,

[awarshaver@nyc-qws-029 ocaml]$ ls
/home/awarshaver/lib/ocaml/stublibs/dllunix.so
/home/awarshaver/lib/ocaml/stublibs/dllunix.so

so I'm not sure what is wrong.  I thought it might be an environment
variable, but changing OCAMLPATH to various guesses did not seem to
help.  By default, it (and OCAMLFIND_DESTDIR) seem to be set to
something dubious (this directory does not even exist).

[awarshaver@nyc-qws-029 ocaml]$ echo $OCAMLPATH
/home/awarshaver/lib/ocaml-site-lib

I am really anxious to play around with the new ocamlbuild tool, so  if
you think you know why this isn't working please let me know!

Sincerely,
Andrew