* Data compression
@ 2007-07-08  0:25 Jon Harrop
From: Jon Harrop @ 2007-07-08  0:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

When I first learned the C programming language I found data compression
algorithms very educational. Does anyone have references to toy data
compression implementations written in OCaml?

There was a thread in the Haskell mailing list recently about a
Burrows-Wheeler implementation that is very concise and quite efficient in
Haskell. In particular, it uses the lazy sort to get the kth smallest element
in O(n) time trick... :-)

The OCaml Journal
http://www.ffconsultancy.com/products/ocaml_journal/?e

* Re: [Caml-list] Data compression
@ 2007-07-08 13:53 ` Olivier Andrieu
From: Olivier Andrieu @ 2007-07-08 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jon Harrop; +Cc: caml-list

On 7/8/07, Jon Harrop <jon@ffconsultancy.com> wrote:

> When I first learned the C programming language I found data compression
> algorithms very educational. Does anyone have references to toy data
> compression implementations written in OCaml?

there's a collection of various programs/examples on the caml site:
  http://caml.inria.fr/pub/old_caml_site/Examples/eng.html
  http://caml.inria.fr/pub/old_caml_site/Examples/oc/eng.html

there's a "compress" program.

--