* Flash plug-in written in OCaml
@ 2007-07-20  7:02 Jon Harrop
From: Jon Harrop @ 2007-07-20  7:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I've been meaning to write a Flash plug-in based on Smoke for some time now.
I'm aware that Haxe is a compiler that generates flash. Has anyone written a
flash interpreter in OCaml already?

OCaml for Scientists
http://www.ffconsultancy.com/products/ocaml_for_scientists/?e

* Re: [Caml-list] Flash plug-in written in OCaml
@ 2007-07-20 13:53 ` Martin Jambon
From: Martin Jambon @ 2007-07-20 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jon Harrop; +Cc: caml-list

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007, Jon Harrop wrote:

> I've been meaning to write a Flash plug-in based on Smoke for some time now.
> I'm aware that Haxe is a compiler that generates flash. Has anyone written a
> flash interpreter in OCaml already?

What about an OCaml library that provides the same functionality as
Adobe Flash Player, without relying on Flash bytecode?
There would be an additional layer to interpret Flash bytecode.
But the plugin would be essentially ocamlrun, loaded with the rendering
library and the Flash bytecode interpreter.
It would support OCaml bytecode that uses your rendering library directly
without relying on the Flash bytecode.

Just an idea... I have never tried anything even remotely like this.

Martin

--
http://martin.jambon.free.fr