* OcaIDE: a new Eclipse plug-in for O'Caml
@ 2007-07-23  7:43 Jon Harrop
From: Jon Harrop @ 2007-07-23  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

This was sounding quite nice and I've been meaning to try Eclipse and Scala.
However, I just managed to get the necessary software installed under Debian
Linux and am finding it to be extremely unstable. I'm seeing null pointer
exceptions and lots of hanging.

One point of particular concern is the startup message:

searching for compatible vm...
  testing /usr/lib/jvm/java-gcj...found

which implies that Eclipse has chosen to run using the GNU Java clone rather
than the real thing (which is installed).

Has anyone else here found Eclipse to be usable?

OCaml for Scientists
http://www.ffconsultancy.com/products/ocaml_for_scientists/?e

* Re: [Caml-list] OcaIDE: a new Eclipse plug-in for O'Caml
@ 2007-07-23  8:14 ` Christophe Raffalli
From: Christophe Raffalli @ 2007-07-23  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jon Harrop; +Cc: caml-list

Jon Harrop a écrit :
> This was sounding quite nice and I've been meaning to try Eclipse and Scala.
> However, I just managed to get the necessary software installed under Debian
> Linux and am finding it to be extremely unstable. I'm seeing null pointer
> exceptions and lots of hanging.
>
> One point of particular concern is the startup message:
>
> searching for compatible vm...
>   testing /usr/lib/jvm/java-gcj...found
>
> which implies that Eclipse has chosen to run using the GNU Java clone rather
> than the real thing (which is installed).
>
> Has anyone else here found Eclipse to be usable?

As said in some post previously, you need sun-java (6 preferably) and
start eclipse with -vm to tell him
the java path.

Christophe

* Re: [Caml-list] OcaIDE: a new Eclipse plug-in for O'Caml
@ 2007-07-23  8:36   ` Jon Harrop
From: Jon Harrop @ 2007-07-23  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On Monday 23 July 2007 09:14:35 Christophe wrote:
> As said in some post previously, you need sun-java (6 preferably) and
> start eclipse with -vm to tell him
> the java path.

Wonderful: that fixed all of the problems. This IDE looks absolutely
fantastic! 8-)

@ 2007-07-31  8:17 ` Roland Kaufmann
From: Roland Kaufmann @ 2007-07-31  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Jon Harrop wrote:

> which implies that Eclipse has chosen to run using the GNU Java clone
> rather
> than the real thing (which is installed).

I reckon that you've installed "the real thing" with something like `sudo
apt-get sun-java6-jdk` (which at least is the package name in my Ubuntu
Feisty Debian derivative). You should then look into the `sudo
update-alternatives --config java` command, to set this as the default VM.

* OcaIDE: a new Eclipse plug-in for O'Caml
@ 2007-07-13 20:17 Nicolas Bros
From: Nicolas Bros @ 2007-07-13 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list