* Wink Technologies release OCaml libraries
@ 2007-10-04 19:55 Gerd Stolpmann
From: Gerd Stolpmann @ 2007-10-04 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi list,

I'm proud to report that we've won another company supporting OCaml,
nameley Wink Technologies, in Los Altos, California (http://wink.com).
They developed a people search engine that lets you find people in the web
(it is online, check it out), and a substantial part of it is written in
OCaml. Although Wink is still tiny in comparison with its competitors this
is nevertheless an important investment into into our beloved language.

As a commitment to OCaml Wink releases two libraries as open source:
"Files" is a batch-oriented persistent key/value container, and "Netdns"
is a DNS stub resolver that is capable of doing asynchronous name
resolutions. You find these libraries at http://oss.wink.com. Please note
that the packing is not yet optimal, and more polishing will be done soon.
But the best is: there is really exciting stuff in the queue of the to be
released code, especially for distributed computing.

Gerd
Gerd Stolpmann * Viktoriastr. 45 * 64293 Darmstadt * Germany
gerd@gerd-stolpmann.de          http://www.gerd-stolpmann.de

* Re: [Caml-list] Wink Technologies release OCaml libraries
@ 2007-10-04 19:59 ` Jon Harrop
From: Jon Harrop @ 2007-10-04 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On Thursday 04 October 2007 20:55:56 Gerd Stolpmann wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'm proud to report that we've won another company supporting OCaml,
> nameley Wink Technologies, in Los Altos, California (http://wink.com).

Awesome! :-)