From: Michael Wohlwend <micha-1@fantasymail.de>
To: caml-list@yquem.inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] A labltk book?
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 22:13:52 +0200	[thread overview]

Am Freitag 12 Oktober 2007 22:03:17 schrieb Dario Teixeira:
> I have used both Qt and Gtk before, and in my opinion, not only does
> Qt's elegance give it an edge over Gtk, it also feels like it would be
> a better match to OCaml.

you have to go via C so it's much work and the available tools to do the
automagically aren't good enaugh to do it  (ok, there is swig, but I don't
like  the way the binding is generated).
There exists the smoke project, it a lib to interface qt and python or ruby
use it to bind to qt (and the next perl qt will also you smoke). Maybe that'a
an easier way to do it (but it's c++ again)...

I have done a binding (most of it) to fltk2 by hand and even if fltk2 is small
it's much typing.... :-)

Michael