On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 10:49:23 +0100 Richard Jones wrote: > Give them a bootable live CD with all the tools pre-installed and > pre-configured: > > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraLiveCD/LiveCDHowTo Then they have to reboot, and not necessarily have access to their files and Web bookmarks and such. To throw another suggestion in the pot... VMware Player is free (gratis), as is VirtualBox and some others. If you give them a VMware image, then they can run that alongside the rest of their stuff, on either Windows or Linux (or perhaps Intel Mac, not quite as sure on that one). - Michael -- mouse, n: A device for pointing at the xterm in which you want to type. Confused by the strange attachments? I cryptographically sign my messages. For more information see .