* Fwd: OCamlp3l
@ 2008-01-05 19:45 Jon Harrop
From: Jon Harrop @ 2008-01-05 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Do any Debian packages provide or use OCamlp3l?

Please ignore the following:

  "OCamlP3l is a compiler for Caml parallel programs. The OCamlP3l programming
paradigm is skeleton programming. The skeletons encapsulate basic parallel
programming patterns in a well understood and structured approach. Based on
P3L, the Pisa Parallel Programming Language, OCamlP3l skeleton algebra is
embedded in a full-fledged functional programming language, namely Objective
Caml."

* Re: Fwd: OCamlp3l
@ 2008-01-06 10:27 ` Sylvain Le Gall
From: Sylvain Le Gall @ 2008-01-06 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On 05-01-2008, Jon Harrop <jon@ffconsultancy.com> wrote:

> Do any Debian packages provide or use OCamlp3l?
>
> Please ignore the following:
>
>   "OCamlP3l is a compiler for Caml parallel programs. The OCamlP3l programming
> paradigm is skeleton programming. The skeletons encapsulate basic parallel
> programming patterns in a well understood and structured approach. Based on
> P3L, the Pisa Parallel Programming Language, OCamlP3l skeleton algebra is
> embedded in a full-fledged functional programming language, namely Objective
> Caml."

I have on my TODO list, this package. But, as a matter of personnal
policy, i would have liked to "use" it before packaging it.
Unfortunately, i don't have time to write a real application for that.
I can package it and send you a package, if you have a real
application that use it.

Regards,
Sylvain Le Gall

* Re: [Caml-list] Re: Fwd: OCamlp3l
@ 2008-01-07 10:31   ` Jon Harrop
From: Jon Harrop @ 2008-01-07 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On Sunday 06 January 2008 10:27:11 Sylvain Le Gall wrote:
> I have on my TODO list, this package. But, as a matter of personnal
> policy, i would have liked to "use" it before packaging it.
> Unfortunately, i don't have time to write a real application for that.
> I can package it and send you a package, if you have a real
> application that use it.

I just wanted to have a play with it and maybe write an article about it.
Perhaps we could collaborate on some kind of serious application, maybe a ray
tracer. ;-)