* Reimplementing OCaml on LLVM
@ 2008-01-12 14:55 Jon Harrop
From: Jon Harrop @ 2008-01-12 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Many people including myself have shown considerable interest in using the
LLVM project from OCaml and, in particular, in implementing an entire FPL
using this approach.

I'm just wondering if any of the OCaml team would be interested in doing or
helping with a port themselves? I doubt it could count as "work" but I think
there are plenty of opportunities for fun tinkering here. :-)

Even if the result were only a toy implementation of a language I am sure
examples would help non-experts enormously in getting to grips with how such
a compiler might be written.

This also presents an awesome opportunity to address some of the shortcomings
of OCaml's current implementation, such as polymorphism, FFI, unboxing and so
forth and to test alternative approaches.

* Re: [Caml-list] Reimplementing OCaml on LLVM
@ 2008-01-13 22:45 ` Francois Rouaix
From: Francois Rouaix @ 2008-01-13 22:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jon Harrop; +Cc: caml-list