* binding, compilation on mac os
@ 2008-02-17 18:20 Florent Monnier
From: Florent Monnier @ 2008-02-17 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,
someone is trying to compile one of my binding on Mac OS, and reported me some
problems, the main one is this error with this command:

ocamlopt allegro.cmxa exhello.ml -o exhello

<snip>
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
.objc_class_name_NSApplication
.objc_class_name_NSAutoreleasePool
.objc_class_name_NSBundle
.objc_class_name_NSConstantString
.objc_class_name_NSFileManager
.objc_class_name_NSMenu
.objc_class_name_NSMenuItem
.objc_class_name_NSObject
.objc_class_name_NSProcessInfo
.objc_class_name_NSThread
_CFDictionaryGetValue
_CFNumberGetValue
_CGDisplayCurrentMode
_CGDisplaySetPalette
_CGMainDisplayID
_FSGetCatalogInfo
_GetProcessBundleLocation
_NSApp
__NSConstantStringClassReference
___CFStringMakeConstantString
__mangled_main_address
_objc_msgSend
_caml_atom_table
_caml_static_data_end
_caml_static_data_start
_caml_code_area_end
_caml_code_area_start
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Error during linking
</snip>

here is the Makefile of the binding:
http://www.linux-nantes.fr.eu.org/~fmonnier/OCaml/Allegro/Makefile

Does someone have an idea about this problem ?

* Re: [Caml-list] binding, compilation on mac os
@ 2008-02-18  8:22 ` Olivier Andrieu
From: Olivier Andrieu @ 2008-02-18  8:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Florent Monnier; +Cc: caml-list

On Feb 17, 2008 7:20 PM, Florent Monnier
<fmonnier@linux-nantes.fr.eu.org> wrote:
> Hi,
> someone is trying to compile one of my binding on Mac OS, and reported me some
> problems, the main one is this error with this command:
>
> ocamlopt allegro.cmxa exhello.ml -o exhello
>
> <snip>
> /usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
> .objc_class_name_NSApplication
> .objc_class_name_NSAutoreleasePool
> .objc_class_name_NSBundle
> .objc_class_name_NSConstantString
> .objc_class_name_NSFileManager
> .objc_class_name_NSMenu
> .objc_class_name_NSMenuItem
> .objc_class_name_NSObject
> .objc_class_name_NSProcessInfo
> .objc_class_name_NSThread
> _CFDictionaryGetValue
> _CFNumberGetValue
> _CGDisplayCurrentMode
> _CGDisplaySetPalette
> _CGMainDisplayID
> _FSGetCatalogInfo
> _GetProcessBundleLocation
> _NSApp
> __NSConstantStringClassReference
> ___CFStringMakeConstantString
> __mangled_main_address
> _objc_msgSend
> _caml_atom_table
> _caml_static_data_end
> _caml_static_data_start
> _caml_code_area_end
> _caml_code_area_start
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> Error during linking
> </snip>
>

> here is the Makefile of the binding:
> http://www.linux-nantes.fr.eu.org/~fmonnier/OCaml/Allegro/Makefile
>
> Does someone have an idea about this problem ?

Here's the problem I think:

alleg-wrap.o: alleg-wrap.c
	ocamlc -c -cc "gcc -o $@" $<

OCaml was probably compiled with a different C compiler. Try removing
the -cc option.

--
  Olivier