From: Jon Harrop <jon@ffconsultancy.com>
To: caml-list@yquem.inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] Not Rocket Science
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 14:55:24 +0000	[thread overview]

On Sunday 02 March 2008 11:46:06 you wrote:
> As for the lack of documentation for modules, I had myself troubles
> until I got the .mli thing. Now, after only a few months of ocaml, mli
> files are usually all I need. This way, I had alsa, ao, mad or
> xml-light working (just to name a few). However it took me some time,
> probably because I simply wasn't aware of how much information they
> carried and did not read them. Maybe Alexander Mikhalev was in the
> same situation.

Well, he had read my book and chapter 2 details the use of the excellent
ocamlbrowser tools for quickly and easily perusing OCaml APIs. All you need
to do for Lacaml, for example, is add the "lacaml" directory to
ocamlbrowser's search path and you can explore the Lacaml API within the
comfort of a GUI application.