* ocaml-duppy: an advanced scheduler for ocaml.
@ 2008-03-07 20:29 Romain Beauxis
From: Romain Beauxis @ 2008-03-07 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list; +Cc: Savonet's developpers list

	Hi all !

Along with our project (liquidsoap), we (the savonet team) have developped an
advanced scheduler that we needed for our software. It is now available as a
seperate module, and we hope it could be usefull for some of you.

The basics of this scheduler is to implement a wrapper around Unix.select in
order to be able to wait for events on a socket and/or a given delay and
execute a task when one of the waited events occured.

We also wrote an asynchronous interface as well as a simple I/O interface, in
order to read and write to sockets, or submit an asychronous task to a
scheduler.

Several queues can be run against the same scheduler, each one living in a
different thread. Also, each task has a priority, which can of your favorite
type, and each queue decides if it wants to process a task according to a
predicate passed at its initialisation.

This scheduler can be very usefull to write simple servers, as well as to
develop a multi-thread task processing system. Two simple telnet and http
examples are provided in the source.

You can find more informations on the module there:
  http://www.rastageeks.org/duppy.html
In particular, the documentation is available there:
  http://www.rastageeks.org/ocaml-duppy/Duppy.html
You can also download the module there:
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=89802&package_id=266393

Romain