* [ANN] OCamlCore.org forge beta test
@ 2008-03-07 21:47 Sylvain Le Gall
From: Sylvain Le Gall @ 2008-03-07 21:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-announce, caml-list

Hello all,

During the last three weeks, the OCamlCore.org Team has been working to
set up various software services for the OCaml community. Following the
previous announcement [1] of the availability of an OCaml planet (i.e.
an aggregation of blogs discussing OCaml-related topics), we are now
almost ready to announce an OCaml forge.

A forge is a set of services for software projects, including version
control systems (CVS, SVN, ...), mailing lists, download areas, bug
tracking systems, ... Well known examples are sourceforge.net, GNA, and
Savannah. The forge for the OCaml community will be specifically aimed
at hosting software projects related to the OCaml programming language.

The new site is almost ready for the release. However, before open it to
everybody, we would like to gather a group of people from the community
to beta-test the site.

In particular, we are therefore looking for people which:
* have a small experience with other forge have an OCaml project to
* start (or to migrate from somewhere else) are willing to collaborate
* with us to find out problems in the forge
  setup

Of course, this being a test period, we are not yet willing to give
guarantees of any kind, but we do have backups :-)

So if you want to participate to the beta test of forge.ocamlcore.org,
sign-up for an account on http://forge.ocamlcore.org.

Then submit a project, stating into "Objectifs et description du projet"
that "Project will belong to the beta test of forge.ocamlcore.org".
This is for records and help us to be sure that project submitter is
aware of the "beta" status of the forge.  For the moment we are *not*
going to accept projects which do not explicitly acknowledge the beta
testing status of the forge.

Regards,
the OCamlCore.org Team.
(Sylvain Le Gall, Romain Beauxis, Stefano Zacchiroli, Pietro Abate)

[1] http://groups.google.com/group/fa.caml/msg/6faedd72f77fd0df

only message in thread, other threads:[~2008-03-07 21:47 UTC | newest]