* More efficient implementation of intersection of sets?
@ 2008-04-01 15:55 sasha mal
From: sasha mal @ 2008-04-01 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Dear OCaml users!

Currently,

Set.inter x y

splits y into two trees, one containing elements that are bigger and the other containing elements that are smaller than the top of x, then applies the procedure recursively. What is the exact runtime of the algorithm? Is there a better one for the intersection for OCaml sets?

Regards

Sasha

Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 08:38:41 +0100

Subject: Re: [Caml-list] BDDs in ocaml

sasha mal wrote:> I wonder whether anyone has a BDD (binary decision diagram)> implementation in ocaml. Ocaml interfaces to external BDD> implementations in other languages (like Cudd) are of no use to me.I've seen many implementation of BDDs in OCaml, but none of them implements automatic reordering of variables (which is by far the most complex part of serious BDD packages). For some applications, this is really a must. Why is it impossible for you to use to an external BDD implementation?-- Alain

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com