From: Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@upsilon.cc>
To: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] forge.OCamlCore.org is now ready to serve the OCaml community
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 14:51:24 +0200	[thread overview]

On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 06:16:40PM +0200, Xavier Leroy wrote:
> Here is a related question, not specific to Caml but common to all
> Gforge-like services.  Assuming I'd like to transfer an existing

AFAIK it is not possible in general being "just" a forge user and via
the web interface. However, it is (of course) possible if you can make
the admins do that for you.

Migrating from svn to svn (possibly filtering in between) for example is
trivial: dump on one side / filter / restore in the other.

> development to an OCamlCore.org project (I'm thinking of SpamOracle),
> is there any way to import my existing CVS repository as a whole,
> without losing the history of the project?  I couldn't find any hint
> on how to do this in the gforge.org documentation.

We can of course do that for you if you want (and for anyone else of
course, though remember we are not that much :-)), but while we are at
it please consider migrating from CSV to svn (if you really don't want
to migrate to $DISTRIBUTED_VCS). I did that in the past using cvs2svn
and it worked perfectly starting from a CVS repository sized on the
order of 10'000 commit.

Cheers.

zack@{upsilon.cc,cs.unibo.it,debian.org}  -<%>-  http://upsilon.cc/zack/