* Invoking the standard library ?
@ 2008-04-29 14:26 David Teller
       [not found] ` <003a01c8aa2c$5962f6c0$017ca8c0@countertenor>
From: David Teller @ 2008-04-29 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caml

   Dear list,

 I'm currently working in a ExtLib-style context in which I'm extending
modules String, Stream, etc. For this, I need to include the original
module, as provided in the standard library, and add stuff. Now, the
trick is that I'd like to keep the same name as the original module. So,
in string.ml, I'd like to be able to write something along the lines of

 include Inria.String

to access the contents of the usual String. Now, at the moment, to do
that, I need to first create my own module Inria (which imports all the
modules of the standard distribution), which then lets me proceed with
this manipulation. Unfortunately, that's a bit clumsy, not to mention
that I haven't found a nice way to get this all to build in one go with
ocamlbuild.

I'd like to know if there's a better mechanism.

Thanks in advance,
 David

--
David Teller