* [ANNOUNCE] ocaml-bitstring 1.9.6 (formerly known as ocaml-bitmatch)
@ 2008-07-17 12:41 Richard Jones
From: Richard Jones @ 2008-07-17 12:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I'm please to announce version 1.9.6 of ocaml-bitstring (formerly
known as ocaml-bitmatch).  The home page has changed again, so please
update any bookmarks or links to point to the new home page here:

  http://code.google.com/p/bitstring/

Version 1.9.6 features 'check()', 'bind()' and 'save_offset_to()'
qualifiers which give you much greater control over the matching
process.  For example:

  bitmatch packet with
  | { len  : 16  : check (len > 0), bind (len*8);
      data : len : string;
      crc  : 32  : check (crc_ok data crc), save_offset_to (crc_offset)
    } ->
    printf "length of data (in bits) = %d\n" len;
    printf "offset of CRC in packet (in bits) = %d\n" crc_offset

  | { _ } -> printf "bad packet\n"

We have also fixed some bugs, clarified the licensing everywhere (for
Debian), and improved the META file.

A troublesome company sent my employer a Cease and Desist notice,
claiming that their trademark on the word "BitMatch" for "Computer
software for comparing and analyzing computer software"[sic] covered
ocaml-bitmatch.  No such thing is true, but because of the time and
expense of dealing with the legal process we have decided to rename
ocaml-bitmatch to ocaml-bitstring for their benefit (still very
time-consuming).  As a result, we are gradually moving the old
website, wiki etc. to the new home page above, and some internals will
change (code will be backwards-compatible, but you may need to make
some changes to build scripts).  Thanks to Sylvain Le Gall for
offering hosting.

Rich.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2008-07-17 12:41 UTC | newest]