* Mailing list archive for August
@ 2008-08-19  8:13 Erik de Castro Lopo
From: Erik de Castro Lopo @ 2008-08-19  8:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi all,

I was browsing the Ocaml mailing list archive when I noticed that
the archive for August was missing:

    http://caml.inria.fr/pub/ml-archives/caml-list/

Is that intentional or is something messed up?

Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo
"The concepts of free enquiry and free expression and the right to
criticise entrenched beliefs are things we take so much for granted
they are almost part of the air we breathe. We need to recognise them
as distinctly Western phenomena."
--  Keith Windschuttle,
    http://www.sydneyline.com/Adversary%20Culture.htm

* Re: [Caml-list] Mailing list archive for August
@ 2008-09-02 10:51 ` Maxence Guesdon
From: Maxence Guesdon @ 2008-09-02 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Erik de Castro Lopo; +Cc: caml-list

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 18:13:53 +1000
Erik de Castro Lopo <mle+ocaml@mega-nerd.com> wrote:

> Hi all,

Hello,

> I was browsing the Ocaml mailing list archive when I noticed that
> the archive for August was missing:
>
>     http://caml.inria.fr/pub/ml-archives/caml-list/
>
> Is that intentional or is something messed up?

Sorry for the late answer. This should be fixed now.

Regards,

--
Maxence Guesdon                           http://yquem.inria.fr/~guesdon/
Service Expérimentation et Développements https://devel.inria.fr/rocq/

* Re: [Caml-list] Mailing list archive for August
@ 2008-09-02 23:17   ` Erik de Castro Lopo
From: Erik de Castro Lopo @ 2008-09-02 23:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Maxence Guesdon wrote:

> Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
>
> > I was browsing the Ocaml mailing list archive when I noticed that
> > the archive for August was missing:
> >
> >     http://caml.inria.fr/pub/ml-archives/caml-list/
> >
> > Is that intentional or is something messed up?
>
> Sorry for the late answer. This should be fixed now.

It is. Thanks.

The other issue with the archives is that the dates seem really messed
up. For instance, in the page:

   http://caml.inria.fr/pub/ml-archives/caml-list/

It says:

    39801 messages archived
    from NaN-NaN-NaN (NaN:NaN) to NaN-NaN-NaN (NaN:NaN)
    archive updated NaN-NaN-NaN (NaN:NaN)

And on individual messages like this one:

    http://caml.inria.fr/pub/ml-archives/caml-list/2008/09/f2734d8ac036565f65c7c15f27a7cc70.en.html

it has:

    Date:  	NaN-NaN-NaN (NaN:NaN)

Obviously, something is way wrong with date calculations.

Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo
"An older MS internal whitepaper from August 2000 on switching
Hotmail, which MS acquired in 1997, from front-end servers
running FreeBSD and back-end database servers running Solaris
to a whole farm running Win2K, reads like a veritable sales
brochure for UNIX"
-- http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/28226.html

* Re: [Caml-list] Mailing list archive for August
@ 2008-09-09  5:39     ` Maxence Guesdon
From: Maxence Guesdon @ 2008-09-09  5:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On Wed, 3 Sep 2008 09:17:17 +1000
Erik de Castro Lopo <mle+ocaml@mega-nerd.com> wrote:

> Maxence Guesdon wrote:
>
> > Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> >
> > > I was browsing the Ocaml mailing list archive when I noticed that
> > > the archive for August was missing:
> > >
> > >     http://caml.inria.fr/pub/ml-archives/caml-list/
> > >
> > > Is that intentional or is something messed up?
> >
> > Sorry for the late answer. This should be fixed now.
>
> It is. Thanks.
>
> The other issue with the archives is that the dates seem really messed
> up. For instance, in the page:
>
>    http://caml.inria.fr/pub/ml-archives/caml-list/
>
> It says:
>
>     39801 messages archived
>     from NaN-NaN-NaN (NaN:NaN) to NaN-NaN-NaN (NaN:NaN)
>     archive updated NaN-NaN-NaN (NaN:NaN)
>
> And on individual messages like this one:
>
>     http://caml.inria.fr/pub/ml-archives/caml-list/2008/09/f2734d8ac036565f65c7c15f27a7cc70.en.html
>
> it has:
>
>     Date:  	NaN-NaN-NaN (NaN:NaN)
>
> Obviously, something is way wrong with date calculations.

In fact, there is a problem with date manipulations in xsltproc processing,
This problem is here since somebody upgraded (or downgraded) the server and
I couldn't make it work again. If someone knows how to fix this, here are
the messages in the apache log:
xmlXPathCompOpEval: function year bound to undefined prefix date
xmlXPathCompOpEval: function month-in-year bound to undefined prefix date
xmlXPathCompOpEval: function day-in-month bound to undefined prefix date
xmlXPathCompOpEval: function hour-in-day bound to undefined prefix date
xmlXPathCompOpEval: function minute-in-hour bound to undefined prefix date

Regards,