* strange behavior with camlp4 and #use
@ 2008-09-16 21:31 Peng Zang
From: Peng Zang @ 2008-09-16 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

* Re: [Caml-list] strange behavior with camlp4 and #use
@ 2008-09-16 21:58 ` Hezekiah M. Carty
From: Hezekiah M. Carty @ 2008-09-16 21:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: peng.zang; +Cc: caml-list

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 5:31 PM, Peng Zang <peng.zang@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running 3.10.2 installed from GODI.  Findlib is similarly installed.  I
> run into the following error
>
>  "I/O error: Bad file descriptor"
>
> when I try to '#use somefile' several times (when camlp4 is turned on).

Yes, this is an unfortunate error which came along with the new camlp4
in OCaml 3.10.x.  The error is reported in the OCaml bug tracker here
(please pardon the strange grammar in the bug title - I don't know
what I was thinking when I wrote it):

http://caml.inria.fr/mantis/view.php?id=4495

This bug may be related as well:

http://caml.inria.fr/mantis/view.php?id=4593

It is marked as "assigned", so hopefully it will be fixed by the time
OCaml 3.11 is released.  As it is, the bug makes using both camlp4 and
#use in the REPL prohibitive.

Hez

--
Hezekiah M. Carty
Graduate Research Assistant

* Re: [Caml-list] strange behavior with camlp4 and #use
@ 2008-09-16 23:58   ` Peng Zang
From: Peng Zang @ 2008-09-16 23:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list; +Cc: Hezekiah M. Carty